Pray for PastorsJanuary 22, 2010 at 11:04 am | Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment
Tags: Bounds quote, pray for local churches, prayer, prayer for pastors, Spurgeon quote
I wanted to remind my readers to pray for their pastors and their ministries for this Sunday. Pray that:
1. He will be diligent in his studies.
2. He will preach God’s Word in the power of the Holy Spirit.
3. He will lead the local church to worship God in the beauty of holiness.
4. The people will experience the presence of God at the church.
5. The pastor will grow in the skills needed to be an effective pastor/shepherd, preacher and leader.
6. His family will be protected spiritually, physically and emotionally.
7. His wife to have the joy of the Lord in her heart and mind.
8. The local church will make a Kingdom impact on their community, region and world.
I want to thank you for praying for your pastor. Even if he never knows, God does and your prayers will make a difference. Pray on!
“Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen”
(1 Timothy 1:17)
“Prayer, and more prayer adds to the fighting qualities and the more certain victories of God’s soldiers…”
— E. M. Bounds
“He who lives without prayer, he who lives with little prayer, he who seldom reads the Word, and he who seldom looks up to heaven for a fresh influence from on high — he will be a man whose heart will become dry and barren.”
— Charles H. Spurgeon
Bill (Rom. 15:13)