Nothing But The Blood!April 2, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Posted in Easter songs, hymns, prayer | Leave a comment
Tags: Easter service, Easter songs, hymn, Nothing But the Blood
I love the call and response of this hymn. There have been different times that I have led congregations and men’s groups to sing this song. I’ve done it in a call and response style. I have the group be quiet while I sing the first part and then have them all sing out in unison the response. It is a very moving way to sing this song. This song is so meaningful to me that I want it sung at my funeral. Yes, my wife knows that.
But Friday’s are for prayer reminders. Let’s pray for churches to experience the power and presence of God this weekend. There are a lot of church activities going on and most churches will have more visitors this weekend than any other weekend. So let’s pray for:
- Unsaved visitors to attend true Bible believing Christian churches this Sunday
- Many unsaved people of all ages to get saved this Sunday
- Visitors to feel welcomed by the church people and return to those churches
- Pastor’s to preach the Word of God in the power of the Holy Spirit
- People to listen attentively this Sunday
- Churches to grow through evangelism/disciplemaking
- New churches to be started
- God to be glorified this Sunday in many different ways
- God’s people to live as ambassadors of the Lord Jesus Christ
Thank you for praying. Your prayers will make a difference. I hope you have a great weekend.
Grace and peace to you,
Bill (a fellow-laborer)
(19)For God was pleased to have all His fullness dwell in Him, (20)and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through His blood, shed on the cross. (Colossians 1:19-20)
Nothing But the Blood
By Robert Lowry (1826-1899)
1. What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
(Refrain) Oh, precious is the flow That makes me white as snow;
No other font I know, Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
2. For my pardon this I see – Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
For my cleansing, this my plea – Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
3. Nothing can for sin atone – Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
Naught of good that I have done – Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
4. This is all my hope and peace – Nothing but the blood of Jesus;
This is all my righteousness – Nothing but the blood of Jesus.