Pray for Your NeighborsJune 11, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Posted in pray | Leave a comment
Tags: my neighbors, prayer
This assumes that you know your neighbors by name. I know that is not always easy to do, but we Christians need to know who our neighbors are. We also need to know about some of their needs. We need to ask them questions and listen intently to the answers. It would be good if we could come away from the conversation with them looking forward to our next time together.
So I ask you Christian reader, “How well do you know your neighbors?” If you don’t know them what practical steps will you take to get to know them? Are they saved or unsaved? Do they attend a church, synagogue, temple, mosque or nowhere? Are they married, divorced, or re-married? Do they have kids and if so what ages? You get the idea of the types of questions you should know the answers to. Now go get relational.
But here is one more piece of advice. Go as a learner. Ask questions and listen to answers. When you feel like telling them what to do, stop yourself and ask some more questions. Someone once asked, “Who is my neighbor?” Who is your neighbor?
Let’s pray for:
1. Christians in churches all over America to have a godly desire to get to know their neighbors.
2. These same Christians to learn how to ask questions and to practically get to know their neighbors.
3. These Christians to live out their faith in such a way that their unsaved neighbor would want to ask them for a reason for the hope that they have.
4. You and I to be creative in reaching out to our neighbors
5. You and I to be able to lead some of our neighbors to come to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
6. You and I to help disciple some of our neighbors that come to Christ.
7. God to help us do this ministry in the power of the Holy Spirit.
8. To help us have a Christ like compassion for the lost neighbors around us.
9. Local churches to be transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit and by their desire to see the people around the church come to faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
You see, I have included myself in this prayer. I need your prayers too so that I will get to know my neighbors and share my faith in God and Jesus Christ with them. God bless you as you go out as His representatives in your neighborhood.
Much GRACE and peace to you,
Bill (a fellow-laborer)
Romans 15:13; Luke 10:25-37, 15:1-32