Pray for Young MenJuly 2, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Posted in hymns, prayer | Leave a comment
Tags: hymn, Pray for young men, stand up for Jesus
Will you join me in praying for some young men who are or will be leaders in the body of Christ? There is much in today’s culture that fights against manliness. Young men need help in knowing what it is to be a man in a Biblical sense not a worldly sense. We need mature godly male role models to help young men know the way to become a mature godly man. Maybe you know a young man that you could pray for. Maybe you know an older man that could and should be mentoring some young men. I have some suggestions for how you can pray.
1. They will always be completely surrendered to God (Rom. 12:1-2).
2. They will be in His Word to study and live it (2 Tim. 2:15).
3. They will learn to balance their private life and public life.
4. They will understand that God cares about character more than giftedness.
5. They will learn about diligence and self-discipline.
6. They will realize the presence of the God and His joy (Ps. 21:6)
7. They will stay faithful to God no matter what.
8. They will confidently know what God has “called” them to.
9. They will have older godly men to mentor them and younger godly men to mentor.
10. Their families (if they have them) will be protected from the evil one.
Thank you for looking around, seeing some young men with potential and for praying (interceding) for them. They may never know it, but God will and your prayers will make a difference.
“I write to you, dear children, because your sins have been forgiven on account of His name. I write to you, fathers, because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I write to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I write to you, dear children, because you have known the Father. I write to you, fathers, because you have known Him who is from the beginning. I write to you young men, because you are strong, and the Word of God lives in you, and you have overcome the evil one.” (1 John 2:12-14 NIV)
Stand Up, Stand Up for Jesus
by George Duffield
1. Stand up, stand up for Jesus, Ye soldiers of the cross
Lift high His royal banner, It must not suffer loss.
From victory unto victory His army shall He lead,
Till every foe is vanquished And Christ is Lord indeed.
2. Stand up, stand up for Jesus, The trumpet call obey;
Forth to the mighty conflict, In this His glorious day!
Ye that are men, now serve Him Against unnumbered foes;
Let courage rise with danger And strength to strength oppose.
3. Stand up, stand up for Jesus, The trumpet call obey;
The arm of flesh will fail you, Ye dare not trust your own.
Put on the gospel armor, Each piece put on with prayer;
Where duty calls, or danger, Be never wanting there.
4. Stand up, stand up for Jesus- The strife will not be long;
This day the noise of battle, The next the victor’s song.
To him that overcometh A crown of life shall be;
He with the King of glory Shall reign eternally. Amen
Stay faithful and hopeful,
Bill (a fellow-laborer)
(Rom. 15:13; 1 Tim. 1:18-19)