We Three KingsDecember 19, 2010 at 9:36 am | Posted in hymns | Leave a comment
Tags: Christmas carols, claymation, Ephesians 1:1-14, Ephesians 2:1-10, John H. Hopkins Jr., Romans 10:13, Romans 10:9-10, Romans 15:13, Romans 3:10-12, Romans 3:21-26, Soulful Celebration, We Three Kings
This is one of my favorite songs of all time let alone one of my favorite Christmas songs. I can’t really explain why, maybe it’s because the theme of giving runs throughout it. I have carried a copy of the words in my briefcase for more years than I can remember. I’ve sung it alone as an offering of praise to God, I’ve sung it with my wife and sons and of course I have sung it in church. I just like this song.
I went online to you tube to look for a choir singing this song to post under it for your added enjoyment. Lo and behold what did I find? I found a posting of the Claymation version of this song. I remember watching that with my sons when they were little. I’ve posted that at the end of this song. I also found a rendition of another of my favorite songs from a Soulful Celebration. I hope you enjoy reading the words and watching the video.
More importantly if you don’t personally know the gift of salvation that only comes from God the Father through our Lord Jesus Christ; that is what I hope you know. It is as close as sincerely calling out to God and acknowledging that you are a sinner (you have missed His mark of perfection) and asking Him to forgive you. Then receive from Him the gift of salvation which Jesus purchased on the cross. This salvation comes to you by grace through faith. Do this and believe it in your heart and you will be saved, adopted into God’s family, accepted in the beloved (Christ) and sealed with the Holy Spirit, guaranteeing your future redemption (Ephesians 1:1-14, 2:1-10). Then go out and let your changed life show the new hope you have deep within you.
Bill (a fellow-laborer)
(Romans 15:13; 3:10-12, 21-26, 10:9-10, 13)
We Three Kings
By John H. Hopkins, Jr.
1. We three kings of Orient are; Bearing gifts we traverse afar – Field and fountain, moor and mountain – Following yonder star.
(Refrain) O star of wonder, star of night, Star with royal beauty bright, Westward leading, still proceeding, Guide us to thy perfect light.
2. Born a King on Bethlehem’s plain; Gold I bring to crown Him again, King forever, ceasing never Over us all to reign.
3. Frankincense to offer have I; Incense owns a Deity nigh. Prayer and praising, all men raising, Worship Him, God on high.
4. Myrrh is mine: its bitter perfume Breathes a life of gathering gloom – Sorrowing, sighing, bleeding, dying, Sealed in the stone-cold tomb.
5. Glorious now behold Him arise, King and God and Sacrifice; Al-le-lu-ia, al-le-lu-ia! Earth to heaven replies.
I hope you enjoy this clips. God bless you and Merry Christmas!
Claymation “We Three Kings” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87wGHfAi17Q (it leaves out verse 4).
This version is a chamber choir with all verses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJGwSzApdIA&feature=related
Soulful Celebration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V51aTh2c0Q